Protein packed, gluten-free, plant-based pasta dish with a spicy Asian flare
I mean seriously!!!! I could not wait to share this recipe!!!
Edamame noodles and black rice noodles, with veggies and a spicy homemade peanut sauce!!!
This is a hearty gluten-free, plant-based meal that's packed with protein thanks to the edamame noodles and peanut butter and its Asian flare makes it a nice switch up from the mundane meal prep.
If I were making it for Hubs, I def would've added a little meat to it...prob chicken or shrimp. And it can be made Paleo by swapping out the peanut butter for almond butter if that's more your style.
Oh, and did I mention it only takes like 15 mins to make from start to finish?!!!
Okay, so here's what you'll need:
- 1 box edamame noodles
- black rice noodles (I used half a package)
- (Fresh or Frozen) veggies of your choice -- I used frozen organic broccoli, carrot, cauliflower, green bean blend
- avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 small onions or 1 medium/large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- organic crunchy peanut butter
- tabasco green pepper sauce
- gluten-free soy sauce
- salt and pepper
1. In a wok or large pan, warm 2 table spoons of oil over medium fire, add in chops onions and garlic
2. Once onions and garlic brown a bit, add veggies and a few shakes of salt and pepper
3. While veggies cook make your pasta...boil water in large pot and put both types of noodles in the same pot. Cook them together -- they only take about 5 mins
4. Strain noodles and then add them to wok with veggies
5. Lower the heat some and add 2 to 3 heaping table spoons of peanut butter, three or more tables spoons of pepper sauce (depending on how spicy you like it), and at least 3 tablespoons of gluten free soy sauce
6. Let all of the goodness continue to cook for about 5 mins with occasional stirring
Once everything's blended well, its done!!!
I hope you love this as much as I did! If you try it, let me know what you think. And if you change anything let me know how it turns out!