My Mama's (gluten-free) Peach Cobbler
So this next family recipe I’m about to share with you is loaded with sugar and calories and basically all the things the doctor DIDN'T order, so its probably best as a once a year, super special occasion treat.
In fact, when I asked my mom for her (not so) secret recipe, she legit texted back: “But don’t you want to be sharing healthy recipes? This one will cause heart attacks and diabetes!” LOL! (I was LOLing, she wasn't)
But seriously, it's totally worth risking your life. Its that good.
So here it is, My Mama’s Peach Cobbler…regular (pictured on the left) & gluten free (pictured on the right)!
Oh also, please note, this is one of those season to taste recipes soooo yeah…ain’t no measurements. ;-)
Ingredient list & instructions straight from Mom:
"Some" white sugar (at least 1 cup to start)
"Some" Brown Sugar -- "More white than brown" (at least 1/2 cup to start)
6 bags of organic frozen peaches (about 3 pounds total)
1 stick of butter
Cinnamon (at least 1 teaspoon to start)
Nutmeg (at least 1/2 teaspoon to start)
Store bought frozen pie crusts
*again, feel free to add more of each as you go...lead with your heart (and tastebuds)
1. Take your (gluten-free or regular)) pie crusts out of the freezer and set them on the counter to thaw.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Melt butter, sugar, and spices in a large skillet over medium fire, then add peaches. Be sure not to overcook them. Don't want them to get mushy.
4. Pour seasoned, caramelized, sautéed peaches into thawed pie crusts and add the top pie shell
5. Pop in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 mins.
Of course, its to die for served with vanilla ice cream!!!
Indulge at your own risk ;-)