Soul warming crock pot chicken soup
If you love a good slow cooker/crockpot recipe, first of all, we might be BFF’s, second, you’ve got to try my mama's super easy, soul-warming chicken soup recipe! We've been eating it for days! So good!
What you’ll need:
-Stalks of celery (two)
-Couple of bay leaves
-Organic no salt seasoning (blend o 21 organic spice) Costco
-Black pepper (to taste)
-Himalayan sea salt (pink one) (to taste)
-4 or 5 slices fresh jalapeño
-2 Carrots (or 2 handfuls of baby carrots)
--Frozen corn kernels (half of a frozen bag)
-1 15 oz can navy beans (drain and rinse)
-2 Greens fresh from the garden (collard) -- if this isn't an option for you, you can buy fresh collards at the grocery
-2 tomatoes from the garden
- Half chicken + 4 more chicken legs (can add more chicken if you like, but make sure you use chicken that has bones) *Make sure chicken is thawed before putting it in the slow cooker
-32 oz container of chicken broth (1.5 containers of this to start)
-32 oz of water to start
*Can add rice and/or quinoa
Instructions: 1. Turn crockpot on high.
2. Add chicken, broth, water, seasonings
3. Two hours in, add everything else!
4. Let simmer on high for 7 - 8 hours...
5. If you choose to add quinoa or rice, add it in about an hour and a half before the meal is finished.
Fresh ingredients, simple, hearty, and can cook while you're working! Sometimes, you just win. ;-)
If you try it, let me know what you think!