Quick (veggie) taco goodness
Tacos are 100% my favorite food.
Well...other than Liberian stews…and sushi…and…well...who am I kidding? I love just about all (gluten free) foods! haha
But tacos are a serious staple in our home.
Over the past couple months, I’ve been filling my tacos with veggies & beans instead of meat. And let me telllll youuuuuu….delish!
Still trying different combinations, but so far I’m loving mushroom + spinach tacos, zucchini + sweet potato tacos, and lentils, rice, chia seeds + kale tacos!
As toppings for all of the tacos I slice:
organic Romanian lettuce + organic kale
dairy free cheese
I like to use soft corn tortillas (gluten free) that I warm slightly on the stove or in the microwave
You can also fry the soft corn tortillas and fold them in half as they harden in the oil
If you're looking for less carbs, you can lettuce as your shell
Mushroom + Spinach Tacos
1. Allow avocado or coconut oil to warm in a pan over medium fire
2. Add fresh spinach, sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, jalapeños
3. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and cumin
4. Saute it all until spinach is fully cooked, mushrooms are brown and soft
5. Fill your shells with this goodness, add your fixins and enjoy!
Zucchini + Sweet Potato Tacos
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Oil baking sheet
3. Wash and dice sweet potato into cubes
4. Put sweet potato cubes on baking sheet and season with salt, pepper, cinnamon
5. Pop into the over for about 45 mins
6. Meanwhile, cut up your zucchini
7. Saute zucchini in avocado or coconut oil over medium fire…season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and cumin
8. Once sweet potatoes are cooked, take them out of the oven and drizzle honey on them
9. In a bowl, combine your seasoned, cooked zucchini and your crispy, savory sweet potatoes
10. Fill your shells, add your toppings & desired salsa and serve!
Lentils, Rice, Chia Seeds + Kale Tacos (these ones are the ultimate life hack! — Literally take 2 mins to make!)
1. All Natural Tasty Bite Madras Lentils — already cooked! Just warm for 60 secs!!! (Thank you Costco!!!)
2. Seeds of Change Organic Brown and Red Rice with Chia and Kale — already cooked! Just warm for 90 secs! (Again, thank you Costco gawds!!!)
3. Spoon both of these into your shells, add your fixins, + salsa and eat up!!!
I’m always down to try new tacos so please, send me your fave taco recipes!!! I’ll make the meat filled ones for Hubby and if you have any plant-based taco recipes, I’d love to try them!